SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Software Developer with diverse background and industry experience including finance, defense, insurance, warehouse, agriculture, trucking, telecommunications, retail, and mutual funds.
- Possess strong organizational, analytical, people, and problem solving skills with the ability to work independently or in teams.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) - .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications
- Recently completed additional classes for .Net 3.5
- Training experience in designing and developing web applications using .NET framework 3.5.
- Proficient in mainframe development, database design, programming, and support.
Mainframes and PCs; z/OS,OS390/MVS/ESA TSO/ISPF, Expediter, Syncsort, Fileaid, VSAM, COBOL II thru Enterprise z/OS, CICS, DB2, Oracle SQL/SQL*Plus, Oracle Designer 6.0, HTML 4.0, Visio, Visual Basic 5, VBA, REXX
- 2009 – 6/2010 Database Developer - TEK Systems - OP, KS
Responsible for analysis, design, development, programming, and reporting for client database projects to enhance existing applications with additional functionality using SQL Server, to modify existing stored procedures, tables, and views, and MS Access and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to modify front-end screens, procedures, and reports.
- 2006 – 2009 Sr. Programmer Analyst - CSC - KC, MO
Responsible for analysis, design, project estimating, and coordination of customer submitted System Change Requests and Production Trouble Reports to enhance existing, and/or create new, mainframe applications with additional functionality.
Designed and developed new MS Access database application, using Visual Basic for Applications, to automate generation and submission of forms related to adding, deleting, changing, tracking, querying and reporting of multiple internal systems' table data.
- 2004 – 2006 Sr. Software Developer - DST Systems - KC, MO
Part of a team responsible for analyzing, designing, modifying, and increasing efficiency of Cobol/DB2 batch & online programs and subroutines. One project accomplished this by creating a new DB2 table for Participant Transaction Entry Sequence information. Process and workflow diagrams were created using ProVision modeling software.
Another project converted multiple programs, Procedures, and JCL in a nightly routine, allowing multi-threading of up to 9 concurrent jobs to run, increasing through-put from approximately 600,000 transactions to over 2 million. This project saved the company between 2 and 5 hours of nightly CPU time and over $500,000 dollars annually in CPU costs.
Another project involved analysis, redesign, and modification of an Access 2002 database application to increase usability and functionality. Modifications included table design enhancements, new startup menu, screen redesign, and additional querying and reporting capabilities.
- 2004 – 2004 Tax Examiner - IRS - KC, MO
Responsible for examining submitted tax returns for errors using IDRS online application.
- 2003 – 2004 Tech. Support Specialist - H & R Block - KC, MO
Responsible for hardware and software trouble-shooting from tax preparers using Block’s proprietary troubleshooting software.
- 2002 – 2003 Software Developer - BSS - KC, MO
Responsible for MS Access database design, development, and programming for marketing leads project for large loan services company.
- 1997 – 2002 Assoc. Staff Mgr/Consultant - AIC - KC, MO
Client: Department of Defense
Created an ACCESS 97 database, to analyze data and run discrepancy reports, that was ODBC linked to multiple ORACLE databases.
Modified existing Oracle Designer 6.0 forms and PL/SQL triggers to accommodate surrogate key and database design modifications.
Designed, created, and implemented a new ACCESS 97 Project Tracking, Reporting, and Time Entry system using Visual Basic for Applications.
Helped maintain DFAS & DoD Inter/Intranet sites using HTML and FTP software.
Generated all DCII database objects in resolution of Test Discrepancy Report (TDR) and System Change Request (SCR) issues identified in all levels of testing for software releases 0200 and 0203 using Oracle Designer 6.0.
Client: Trans America
Replacement System; Data Conversion Project
Designed and created multiple COBOL II programs to convert Fully Retained policy data from an existing system’s IMS flat files and determine Jumbo Risk policies so the data could be uploaded into DB2 tables.
Also designed and created multiple programs to create data files that contained discrepancies between multiple system files, in order determine causes and solutions for the discrepancies. These files were downloaded to ACCESS 97 files for the user department.
Designed and created a new ACCESS 97 - Weekly Time Entry, Reporting and Tracking system for the reinsurance application team. The system integrated work-plan information uploaded from MS Project into the ACCESS 97 database.
Year 2000 Project
Designed, implemented, and supported MS ACCESS 7.0/97 databases to assess and maintain all non-MIS related inventory from all branch, affiliate, and correspondent banks. Developed Visual Basic 5.0 front-end allowing users to enter, modify, and delete inventory, bank, business unit, vendor, vendor letter, compliance, and retirement data. Designed and created another database containing information downloaded from the mainframe. This database was used to visually identify and model all mainframe systems and their relationships using VISIO. Also responsible for MS ACCESS 7.0 database development and support for MIS related inventory and support of an MS ACCESS 2.0 MIS reporting database.
Due to team efforts, UMB Bank was recognized in June 1999, for having the “Best Year 2000 Program in the Kansas City Region” by the Regional Consortium for Technology and Information Systems.
CERTIFICATION * TRAINING * EDUCATION
- Centriq Training, Leawood, KS
Web Applications Developer: C#.NET Program
- C# Fundamentals, Developing .NET Web Applications, Fundamentals of Relational Database Design, Transact SQL, ADO.NET, Visual Studio 2008, Building Websites with HTML & CSS, ASP.NET, Advanced C#.NET, AJAX, LINQ.
- Project Experience:
Created a multi-tier classroom project that included requirements gathering, data tier design, a programmatic data access layer incorporated with data access objects, and presentation in a rich web-based front end. (Available for review live, at the following url: www.hbwebdev.com
- Soft Skills Training:
Customer Care & Effective Communication.
- Proficient in designing and developing web applications using .NET framework.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Information Systems,
Graduated, Summa cum Laude, Park University, Kansas City, MO
- Additional Technical Training
- Microsoft Access 2003 - Specialist Certification - Johnson County Community College, Center for Business and Technology
- Certified Six Sigma White Belt - Computer Sciences Corporation
- Microsoft Access & Excel, 2002 - Beginning thru Advanced - New Horizons Corporate Training
- VB.Net, Oracle SQL/SQL*Plus, Web Development with HTML, and Visual Basic 5 - Longview Community College